How to make “home made” Pickled Sliced Jalapeno Peppers & Red Peppers Pickled, recipe below images.
How to make “home made” Pickled Sliced Jalapeno Peppers & Red Peppers Pickled. Great for your Nacho’s your own sliced Jalapeno Peppers and with my easy recipe you can do at home in less than an hour, you will never purchase “store bough” again. My visit to the farmers market today I got 2 kilos of green Jalapeno Peppers, that is like 5 pounds for about two dollars, plus another kilo of “red” peppers too.
My mother told me to pick a peck of pickled peppers… say that more than once !! Here is the Rusty’s method.
It is the easy to make your own Sliced Jalapeno Peppers. The RED Peppers once place whole in a big glass jar [see photo] look real cool too on your kitchen counter too !!
1. Put on a pair of disposable latex gloves !! Do not cut Jalapenos without wearing gloves.
2. Wash your peppers in cool water, get any field dirt or little odd’s n ends off of them, clean peppers
3. Begin to slice off the end with the stem, cut off part of the pepper to remove the stem end, toss away, do not use.
4. Slice the pepper into thin 1/4 inch +/- slices [see photos]. Once you reach the other end, tip, cut it off too, toss.
5. Put your neat sliced peppers in a pan, cool water, bring to a boil for a short time, like 5 minutes, easy easy, just to turn the color bright green to a lighter shade. Red pepper till then turn from bright red to a little orange.
6. Drain in colander. let set for a minute
7. Get your glass jars ready, rinsed & clean
8. Take a pair of tongs, put the warm peppers into the jars, fill to top, press down a bit, fill jar again.
9. Mix 50/50 cool water & white vinegar, bring to the start of a boil, take off flame.
10. Pour over your packed jars, fill to overflow… let the air escape, fill a bit more, cap !! You done.
11. RED Peppers, you will need to cut a “slit” down one side, see photo, then place into sauce pan, bring to a boil, again 5 minutes max.
12. Drain in colander, then blanch with COOL water, to retain the RED color.
13. Put into jar, pour over your ready 50/50 mixture water vinegar
14. Take a wooden spoon to press on the RED peppers to get the air out, takes a minute, re-fill with mix, and add your cap ! Finished
Display your peppers on the counter, give to your friends, will last a year. Check the photos here for more details on the how to do it, and NO the bowl of strawberry’s have nothing to do with this recipe, they are for my ice cream. Next video coming, “how to make your own premium ice cream” stay tuned.
Russell Freeman on Google+!